Every Tuesday, 8am - 9am
Men's Book Study
Contact: Jim Fielder | firstname.lastname@example.org
Why does God permit evil? Why do some prayers go unanswered? Why has God allowed the church to engage in brutality and hypocrisy? Tough questions demand convincing answers. Join journalist Strobel as he once again journeys across the country challenging philosophers, theologians, and ordinary believers to defend their faith. The evidence he uncovers may surprise you!
In The Case for Faith, bestselling author, journalist, and former atheist Lee Strobel turns his investigative skills to the most persistent emotional objections to belief in God--the eight "heart barriers" to faith:
- "Since evil and suffering exist, a loving God cannot"
- "Since miracles contradict science, they cannot be true"
- "Evolution explains life, so God isn't needed"
- "God isn't worthy of worship if he kills innocent children"
- "It's offensive to claim Jesus is the only way to God"
- "A loving God would never torture people in Hell"
- "Church history is littered with oppression and violence"
- "I still have doubts, so I can't be a Christian"
This book is for those who may be feeling attracted to Jesus but who are faced with difficult questions standing squarely in their path. For Christians, it will deepen their convictions and give them fresh confidence in defending their faith to skeptical friends, or during the hardest of times, when they have to defend their faith to themselves in moments of doubt.
Books may be purchased from your vendor of choice.